- FLASH CART SUPPORT
- All regions of "5V" Neo Geo Consoles are supported.
- FOR PROPOW AES NEO GEO 5V CONSOLES
- Works perfect with Japan or USA or EU Neo Geo consoles.
- Nichicon capacitors (High quality name-brand, high-temp, long life)
- Input: 100-127V/60HZ (US/CANADA)
- Output: 5VDC / 6A (Up to 6 Amps)
Just plug it in and play. It's that easy.
No step up or step down converter needed for any Retrogamecave power supply.
This is the NEW NEOSD-PRO 5V6A PSU by RetroGameCave.
This is one of our most requested PSU's over the past year. The 5V Neo Geo AES + NeoSD-Pro is well known to randomly reset, glitch on screen, fail to load games, & freeze when using a standard 5V3A PSU. RetroGameCave set out to create a Neo-Geo 5v PSU that can handle the Neo-SD_Pro and some mods you might have as well.
This new regulated PSU supports Neo-Geo 5V AES consoles running a NEOSD_PRO Cart. Also supports the NeoSD-standard-Cart and of course all official SNK NeoNeo carts. Fully tested for clean video and sound on a 5V Neo Geo. If you own a 5V Neo-Geo and a NeoSD-PRO Cartridge, you already know the NeoSD-PRO draws more than 3 amps and acts up when using a 3A PSU. RGC's new 5V6A version gives your NEOSD the current-headroom when it needs it.
Quick Tip: Voltage is provided, but current (amps) is drawn by the console. This means it's ok for your PSU to have a higher current rating. When it does, the console still only draws the amount of current it needs but its limited by the max current rating on the PSU. If your PSU has a current rating that's too low (3A), and the console needs 4A for a few seconds, the console cannot draw more than 3A (max rating) when needed and fails to operate properly. Increasing the "current head room" allows the console to draw more current from the PSU when it needs it but it only pulls what it needs, when it needs it.
* System Mods are not officially supported, but mods should not ever need more than 6 Amps. There are so many mods and modders we cannot be responsible for every modder's work. Your Modder should purchase this PSU and test their mods with it for the best results.
How to know which power supply you need … 5V or 9V. This PSU is for LOW serial #Neo Geo consoles. There are 2 basic checks you can do.
# 1. Look at the label under your console. If it says propow, propow2, propow-ul, then you need this 5V power supply.
#2, Some used consoles out there had the shell replaced so if you bought the neo geo 2nd hand, you want to check under the hood. / Open your console. / Look in the lower left below the power switch. The 5V Neo Geo is missing the voltage regulator and the coil. If you see the voltage regulator and coil in place, you have a 9V NeoGeo and need the 9V-PSU.